Pocket MBA 2020: Finance for Lawyers and Other Professionals
Date: September 21, 2020
Time: 3:45pm - 5:00pm PDT
Partner, Eric Goodman, will be a speaker at the Pocket MBA program in the session “Evaluating the Financial Health of an Entity.” Pocket MBA is a hallmark program for attorneys whose careers have brought them into representing clients in the financial industry, but their background training lacked accounting principles and financial concepts. This program is designed to improve your understanding of business strategies, accounting fundamentals and vocabulary used by management, investors, auditors and bankers.
This session will discuss topics including:
- Analyze the indicators and causes of financial distress
- Evaluate the restructuring process and alternatives
- Chapter 11 reorganization
- Assignments for benefit of creditors (ABCs)
- Capital structure concerns
- Identify the stakeholders
- Determine the impact on constituents (employees, creditors, suppliers, customers)
- Explore real estate considerations
- Case Study: A company in distress
More details about the program here.