Brown Rudnick's India Practice is led by Manan Singh, and provides clients with a current knowledge of the Indian business environment coupled with a proven track record of representing clients on India-related matters. Brown Rudnick delivers a coordinated approach – an international perspective paired with strategies grounded in local knowledge and expertise – to fulfil the international needs of Indian clients, as well as servicing international clients seeking to transact business in India.
Our India practice offers clients the benefit of our transcontinental locations, working from offices in the United Kingdom, Europe and the United States, including the financial centres of London, Paris and New York. Complementing our in-house resources, our relationships with leading Indian law firms enable us to provide seamless cross-border services that combine local knowledge with global experience.
Our broad scope of services permits us to assist not only with cross-border M&A, commercial and corporate transactions, but also a full array of IP, white-collar crime, restructuring and bankruptcy (including Chapter 11 proceedings in the US), commercial real estate, dispute resolution and dispute avoidance services.
Recent representative experience of Brown Rudnick’s India Practice includes:
- Representing the Government of Maharashtra and the Government of India in relation to international commercial arbitration proceedings concerning the Dabhol power project, including representing the Government of India in bilateral investment treaty proceedings involving claims of US$ 6.5 billion
- Acting for the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board in an injunction application to restrain ICC proceedings from being pursued in Paris in relation to a dispute arising out of the supply of energy and capacity from the US$ 220 million Neyveli thermal power plant
- Representing the Tata Group in several Chapter 11 proceedings in the US, including Lehman, Nortel and Delphi
- Representing three senior executives in the United States of Indian subsidiary of a US corporation in relation to allegations of violating the FCPA
- Advising Vermont Composites on a joint venture in relation to carbon fibre manufacturing for aerospace and defence equipment
- Advising a computer software services company in a sale to an Indian purchaser for approximately US$ 89 million
- Representing Potomac Equity in the acquisition of a software services company with operations in the United States and India for approximately US$ 70 million
- Representing the Linc Group in a joint venture to set up a new company in India to engage in facility services with a value at US$ 45 million
- Acting for Seymour Pierce in litigation proceedings against Cox & Kings for the recovery of transaction fees in the amount of GBP 5 million
- Representing American Railcar Industries, a Nasdaq-listed company, in a joint venture in India with Amtek Auto Group, to build a railcar manufacturing plant in India
- Representing Staples Inc. in its joint venture with Pantaloon Retail Limited, one of India's major retailers, to sell office products in India
- Advising the Schawbel Corporation on the expansion of its mosquito repellent business in India
- Representing Mangrove Capital Partners, a venture capital fund, in connection with their investment in LocalCube in India
- Representing the Indian software developer Trellisys in a number of transactional matters, including assisting with e-publishing arrangements