Geographies: Latin America
Brown Rudnick’s Latin America team has extensive experience throughout Latin America on a broad range of matters across the region, including all major countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Mexico, Paraguay, Uruguay, Venezuela, Central America and the Caribbean.
With our deep understanding of the business culture, regulatory climate and regional issues, Brown Rudnick is well positioned to help clients achieve their business goals in Latin America. We have long-standing and solid relationships with many law firms across Latin America. A number of our lawyers are admitted in Latin American jurisdiction or fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese.
The team advises U.S. businesses and other global clients in the following areas in Latin America:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship
- Private Equity
- Cross-border Transactional (factory relocations, outsourcing, infrastructure development, power plants, renewable energy, construction)
- Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
- Corporate Finance and Restructuring
- Litigation, Arbitration and Investment Treaty Disputes
- Merger Control and Antitrust
- Taxation and International Trade (industry exchange control and tax structuring, cross-border acquisitions and dispositions, cross-border service, distribution and licensing)
- Regulatory (including Exchange Control, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Anti-Bribery Act, Compliance, US Food and Drug Administration and European and Latin American agencies)
The Latin American Practice group also represents Latin American companies with cross-border business opportunities, litigation and arbitration in the United States, Europe, Asia and Africa.
Brown Rudnick's Latin America team is chaired by Alejandro D. Fiuza, who has been recognized by Chambers Latin America in Corporate/M&A region-wide and for Argentina and by Chambers Global in Corporate/M&A and International Trade. The team also includes, among other members, Adolfo R. Garcia, an international practitioner widely-known for his more than 35 years of experience in the region.