Industries: Sports & Entertainment
Sports & Entertainment
The competition in the world of sports and entertainment is fierce and complex. We know the winning playbook by heart.
Brown Rudnick represents diverse players on various sides of commercial issues related to sports and entertainment. We are veterans in the negotiation room with major sports leagues, owners, commissioners and affiliates. Our lawyers understand the constitutions of the key players, what they want to accomplish and what they will do to get there.
Backed by comprehensive experience in the sports and entertainment industries, Brown Rudnick delivers first-class service with a results-oriented approach that protects our clients’ investments and positions. To that end, our clients often call on our top-ranked corporate restructuring and litigation practices when financial disputes encroach on their interests. Our depth and creativity in this area can give you the edge in any contest.
We counsel municipalities, investors, creditors, manufacturers, owners and other parties with substantial investments in major sports leagues and team franchises in areas such as:
- Sports franchise acquisition and relocation
- Insolvency protections and litigation
- Stadium and arena permitting, development and financing
- Negotiating land and facility lease agreements
- Cross jurisdictional tax issues
- Interpretation of league rules and constitutions
- Asserting ownership and management rights