Our Firm: Diversity
Our commitment to diversity informs every aspect of firm life, from recruiting and hiring, to training and mentoring, to firm management and leadership. We believe our clients and lawyers alike will benefit from a workforce that fully reflects the rich variety of race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ethnicity in our communities.
We realize that success in this mission means more than interviewing and hiring a diverse population. We also focus diligently on retaining and maintaining this workforce. We’ve established tangible structures to support diversity advancement and encourage candid exchanges of views. From "Dishing Up Diversity" luncheons, to themed displays in our lobbies, to diversity "office hours," we work to create conversation and camaraderie.
Achieving diversity goals requires regular and active attention. But we believe Brown Rudnick, with its culture of openness and acceptance, is well placed to be a leader in law firm diversity initiatives and achievement. We welcome your ideas and participation in this effort.
Our efforts include:
- Participation in the Boston Lawyer's Group and Lawyer's Collaborative for Diversity which promotes diversity hiring and retention
- Participation in minority events and job fairs
- Participation in the Boston Bar Association's (BBA) amicus brief to the U.S. Supreme Court in Fisher v. University of Texas, et.al., supporting the University of Texas at Austin’s consideration of race when making undergraduate admissions decisions
- A Diversity Committee with lawyers and staff from multiple offices and practice groups
- Consistently receive top rating of 100 percent on the Corporate Equality Index, an annual survey administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- Consistent organizational and financial support for attorneys involved in diversity organizations
For more information please see our Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Statement.