Andreas P. Andromalos
Andreas P. Andromalos
Andreas P. Andromalos
Andreas Andromalos practices in the firm’s Corporate and Commercial Finance Group and in its Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group. Since joining the Firm, he has structured and documented a significant number of large syndicated financings, including a variety of leveraged loans and debtor in possession financings for a number of financial institutions across a wide array of industries, and has also counseled fund clients in connection with a variety of tender offers and other types of exchange offers. He has also restructured several billion dollars of distressed debt and counseled clients on a wide range of workout related issues.
Additionally, Andreas routinely counsels financial institutions and corporate clients in connection with the financing of mergers and acquisitions and other complex commercial law related issues. He also represents a number of public and privately held companies in connection with financing and restructuring related matters.
- Represented Hologic, Inc. in connection with $200 million receivables securitization.
- Represented Hologic, Inc. in connection with its $2.5 billion senior secured credit facility and $1 billion high yield bond issuance. (2015)
- Represented first lien lenders in connection with $600 million senior secured exit credit facility to Millennium Health, LLC.
- Represented first lien lenders in connection with $175 million senior secured credit facility to Par Pacific Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Hologic, Inc. in connection with its $2.8 billion senior secured credit facility and $1 billion high yield bond issuance related to its acquisition of Gen-Probe Incorporated. (2012)
- Represented a collateral agent in connection with collateralizing over $7 billion of repurchase and hedging obligations arising in connection with various issuances of mortgage-backed securities.
- Represented a hedge fund in connection with the provision of over $90 million of debtor in possession financing to a multinational supplier of after-market automobile parts.
- Represented an institutional asset-based lender in connection with structuring and documenting $250 million of loans to a large wholesaler of lumber and building supplies.
- Represented an ad hoc group of first lien noteholders in connection with challenging an exchange offer and thereafter successfully settling the group’s claims against the issuer. The settlement included the exchange of approximately $80 million of senior secured notes for approximately $87 million of senior secured notes and the reinstatement of virtually all of the covenants that were stripped from the existing Indenture pursuant to a previously executed supplement.
- Represented an ad hoc group of first lien noteholders in connection with the exchange of approximately $220 million of senior secured notes for approximately $240 million of senior secured notes issued by a multinational provider of internet services.
- Represented a hedge fund in connection with its bid to provide over $1 billion of debtor-in-possession financing to Lightsquared, Inc.
- Lead finance counsel to the Ad Hoc Group of Term Lenders in connection with the restructuring and bankruptcy filing of The Sports Authority, Inc.
- Represented a consortium of hedge funds in connection with structuring and documenting a $57.5 million debtor-in-possession credit facility for a conglomerate of energy exploration and drilling companies.
- Represented an ad hoc group of second lien lenders in connection with the restructuring of $175 million of second lien loans and the subsequent sale of the borrower and its affiliates to a competing manufacturer of consumer products pursuant to a 363 sale.
- Represented a collateral agent and the steering committee of lenders in connection with restructuring $285 million of senior real estate loans made to an established casino and gaming operator.
- Represented an ad hoc group of hedge funds in connection with restructuring $240 million of distressed debt issued by a manufacturer of automobile emissions testing devices.
- Represented an ad hoc group of hedge funds in connection with the credit bid of a portion of their $130 million of term loans to purchase substantially all of the borrowers’ assets pursuant to a 363 sale.
- Represented an ad hoc committee of noteholders in connection with restructuring $215 million of bonds issued by a multinational aircraft leasing company.
- Represented indenture trustee and collateral agent with respect to $100 million of bonds issued by a large healthcare company emerging from bankruptcy.
- Represented institutional asset based lender in connection with restructuring $88 million of loans to a multinational manufacturer of automobile parts.
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Brown Rudnick Charitable Foundation
- Member of Hiring Committee
- Member of Investment Committee
- Co-author, “Coercive Exchanges: How Hedge Fund Noteholders Can Salvage Value Under Duress,” The Hedge Fund Law Report, June 6, 2013
- Co-author, “Coercive Exchanges: The Case for Minority Noteholders,” Dow Jones Daily Bankruptcy Review, May 22, 2013
- US District Court for the District of Massachusetts