Mark A. Dorff
Mark A. Dorff
Mark A. Dorff
Mark Dorff, head of the Firm’s International Corporate Group, is engaged in a general corporate and commercial practice and focuses on complex cross-border transactions. He represents rising entrepreneurs, companies ranging from start-ups to billion-dollar corporations and a broad range of funds and investors in complex transactions around the world.
Mark is Chairman of the Law Firm Network, a strong association of independent law firms from all over the world. The Network forms a key part of Brown Rudnick’s extended global network.
As a member of Brown Rudnick’s Energy Tech and Family Office teams and as Co-Chair of the Firm’s Global Life Sciences team, Mark is part of collaborative, cross-disciplinary initiatives assisting clients in these areas.
Mark works with the Bankruptcy and Corporate Restructuring Group on corporate aspects of insolvency, restructuring and distressed situations and transactions.
Mark's practice is regularly ranked highly and recognised in industry publications. Chambers UK 2013 notes that "Brown Rudnick's venture capital team has earned a sterling reputation through its work for a wide range of European venture capital funds, both domestically and across other jurisdictions. It covers the full scope of the investment cycle, assisting funds with everything from seed and early-stage capital to the later and buyout stages." Legal 500 UK 2013 comments, "Brown Rudnick provides a ‘commercial, responsive and considered’ service to investors and investees in the life sciences sector, and is accomplished at handling deals with a transatlantic component. ‘Unflappable’ team head Mark Dorff provides ‘sound advice’."
Mark is qualified as a US lawyer and as an English solicitor and is based in Brown Rudnick’s London Office.
- Representing both investors and investee companies in connection with numerous venture capital and growth equity transactions in the US, the UK, Europe and around the world.
- Negotiating on behalf of buyers, sellers and management teams on numerous cross-border M&A, private equity and buy-out transactions involving the acquisition or sale of companies in the US, the UK, Europe and around the world.
- Advising family offices and other private investors on structuring and executing a broad range of transactions around the world including M&A deals, investments in property and natural resources, establishing funds and investments in funds and other bespoke and structured investments.
- Representing international companies, investment banks and investors on US aspects of global securities offerings including in connection with Rule 144A and other private placements in the United States.
- Advising management teams and boards of directors on a wide range of corporate governance and strategic matters.
- Structuring a broad range of complex licensing and strategic partnership transactions in the US, the UK, Europe and around the world on behalf of numerous international technology and manufacturing businesses.
- Mark is a regular speaker at conferences and programmes around the world on a broad range of topics within his areas of expertise.
- England and Wales