Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring
Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring
Tuvi Keinan is a Partner at Brown Rudnick. He is entrusted to roll out an investment banking product combining real estate market opportunities with the firm’s restructuring and distress expertise. Tuvi is working with both private and public companies as well as developers, high net worth individuals, private equity and hedge funds. He is solution orientated and focuses on a wide range of financial and legal implications related to real estate transactions. Before joining Brown Rudnick, Tuvi was the pan European CFO for Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing Group. In this role he was responsible for cross jurisdiction related investment origination, financing, restructurings and hedging, in the UK, Scandinavia and EMEA emerging markets.
Tuvi’s focus in recent years has been on borrowings and investments from origination through to monetization. He was instrumental in creating large debt transactions through challenging market conditions by deploying a variety of innovative security structures, as well as origination of new distress investing opportunities, leveraging his bank and industry contacts. Tuvi has strong relationships with equity and debt providers and focuses on creating off market value enhancing opportunities to clients in the context of on-going restructurings as well as new opportunities to deploy fresh capital into distressed transactions. Prior to joining Morgan Stanley, Tuvi worked as a practicing lawyer in London, New York and Los Angeles for seven years.
Real Estate Restructuring
- Restructuring a £880 million corporate loan for a UK listed London based office developer. Protecting shareholders’ interests, debt buy back and re-capitalization. (2009)
- Restructuring a €900 million corporate loan for a pan European shopping center developer. Protecting shareholders’ interest, debt buy back as well as debt for equity swap. (2011)
- Restructuring a £1.2 billion securitization of a UK health care provider Propco Debt. Protecting subordinated creditor interest and debt for equity swap. (2008)
- Restructuring a £500 million UK commercial retail portfolio. Protecting management and JV partner interest. (2009)
- Restructuring a €480 million pan European hotels loan, including sale and exit. Representing equity in negotiations with senior lenders and swap providers.
- Restructuring a £400 million UK high end health care portfolio. Protecting shareholder interest, re-negotiating alternative management agreements, originating and refinancing part of the capital structure. (2010)
- Restructuring of UK £140 million land portfolio. Sale through an administrative receivership, focusing on mitigation of sponsor recourse obligations. (2010)
Real Estate Distress
- Sourcing and executing an off market discounted UK loan portfolio sale from NAMA (Ireland’s national bad bank). (2011)
- Sourcing and executing a €150 million pan European hotels mezzanine loan. Navigating complex intercreditor and security considerations. (2011)
- Refinancing a £130 million London focused serviced office operator consisting of both Opco and Propco loans. (2010)
- Acquisition at a discount of an out of the money swap from the estate of Lehman Brothers (in administration), mitigating financial and legal uncertainties. (2010)
- Acquisition, construction, financing, leasing, debt buy back and sale of a £240 million office building in the City of London. (2011)
- Resolution and sale of rump of a German 500 NPL portfolio consisting of a mixture of residential, office, logistic and retail assets. (2010)
- Solicitor, England & Wales
- New York