Edward D. Pare
Edward D. Pare
Edward D. Pare
Ed Pare provides strategic legal and business advice to telecommunications, real estate, financial services, gaming and government clients. His practice, covering all areas of administrative and regulatory law at both the state and local levels, includes preparing and presenting applications and filings to governmental and regulatory agencies to maximize business opportunities for clients. Additionally, he negotiates agreements with regulatory and licensing agencies on behalf of clients.
Ed previously served as the Superintendent of Banking for the Department of Business Regulation of the State of Rhode Island from 1991-1998 and served in various positions in the Department from 1980. He concurrently served as the Superintendent of the Securities Division from 1996-1997. Ed also served as the receiver and receiver’s agent for fifteen failed banks and insurance companies.
- Representation of various communications companies in developing over 2,000 communications facilities throughout New England including negotiating leases, options and easements; obtaining necessary zoning, land use, environmental, historic, and wetlands approvals; resolving title and utility access issues; and developing related litigation strategies as necessary.
- Counsel to the first credit union in Rhode Island to convert to a full service bank with FDIC insurance.
- Counsel to the first mutual savings bank in Rhode Island to form a mutual holding company.
- Counsel to the State of Rhode Island Department of Administration with respect to the due diligence review of the acquisition of a major lottery services provider by an international entity.
- Acquisition of numerous approvals from state, regional and local boards and departments for difficult projects.
- Successful negotiation of settlements of federal and state lawsuits with respect to land use decisions.
- Negotiation and acquisition of numerous settlements with regulatory agencies.
- Counsel to non-depository institution in obtaining approval as a full service bank with FDIC insurance.
- Acquisition of licenses for financial, lending, insurance and securities firms.
- Counsel to clients with respect to the filing of applications to federal and state regulatory agencies, obtaining favorable results.
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Providence, Rhode Island – Continuing Legal Education – Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 and Local Zoning, October 2002
- Rhode Island Bar Association Annual Meeting, Providence, Rhode Island – Continuing Legal Education Seminar– Cyberbanking
- Credit Union Seminar, Palm Springs, California – Risk Management – Regulatory
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- South Kingstown Little League – Past Manager and Coach
- South Kingstown Babe Ruth League – Manager and Coach
- General Counsel, Pro Bono, The Providence Plan
- Board Member, Brown Rudnick Charitable Foundation
- Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Federal Bar