Omega Poole is a member of Brown Rudnick's Finance Group in London. She is a partner in the Special Situations Team in London with a particular focus on asset backed and real estate transactions and a senior member of the European debt advisory practice. She also oversees the operations of the Special Situations Team.
Omega’s practice has a particular focus working with family offices and private companies which invest in or finance real estate assets or credit, both single asset and portfolio deals. Leveraging her corporate finance and legal skills and experience, she provides a range of services from originating new off market opportunities, to securing and structuring senior and mezzanine financing, introducing co-partners, advising on distressed situations and negotiating and financing debt buy backs and once the deal is structured, managing the transaction and legal documentation process to successful closing.
Immediately prior to joining Brown Rudnick, Omega was a director in the Corporate Finance team at CBRE in London. She has experience providing corporate finance advice on restructuring, recapitalization and capital raising for new opportunities, including unlisted funds, private companies and other investors. She has also worked with private equity clients on loan portfolio sales mandates.
- Securing competitive senior and mezzanine financing for a c£350 m central London hotel acquisition (2015).
- Advising a US family office fund on multi-jurisdictional c€250 m real estate portfolio restructuring (2015).
- Advising a hotel owner operator in relation to financing of hotels in Zambia, Kenya and Uganda (2015).
- Advising a hotel investor on a joint venture agreement with a hotel operator to manage hotels in the Middle East (2015).
- Advising a private client on restructuring and enforcement options for a bridge financing (2015).
- Facilitating internal best practice transaction management training session for European real estate investor (2015).
- Advising a European property company in respect of a distressed portfolio of assets in Eastern Europe (2014,2015).
- Recently advised a US family office on the acquisition of a circa £70 m bank debt including advising on the enforcement and strategy (2014).
- Securing competitive senior financing and navigating complex security considerations for the acquisition by a UK based family office of a €120 m prime hotel asset in Germany (2014).
- Advised sponsors in negotiations with a US hedge fund on the refinancing and buy back strategy for their secured facilities (2013, 2014).
- Advised a developer on the senior and mezzanine financing of a 150,000 sq ft residential development in East London including navigating complex intercreditor issues (2013, 2014).
- Advised a private company on a debt buy back strategy for its portfolio of 73 UK regional assets and securing senior and mezzanine financing terms (2013, 2014).
- Advised a South African family office on the refinancing of a portfolio of 57 Dutch high street retail assets (2013).
- Cambridge University Land Society (CULS) – Committee Member and member of the Real Estate Finance Forum
- INSEAD Alumni Real Estate Group London (iREAL) – Chairman
- Trinity College Cambridge Women's Network - Committee Member
- Co-author “The Parameters of Real Estate Finance”, The Real Estate Loan Book, The Loan Market Association , May 2015.
- Moderator – Joint Hotel Solutions Partnership and Brown Rudnick panel debate “Does a Brand Add Value to your Hotel Investment”, November 2016
- Speaker MIPIM 2016 – member of MIPIM panel on Real Estate Talent – Why the Next Generation Matters, March 2016
- Panel Chairperson – Cambridge University Land Society: Points of View from the Next Generation, October 2015
- Speaker – Great Careers in Property & Law: Jungle Gym and Role Models
- Brown Rudnick Charitable Foundation – Director
- England & Wales