Litigation & Arbitration
Litigation & Arbitration
Neill Shrimpton practises in all areas of commercial litigation and arbitration. He has represented clients in disputes in all divisions of the High Court, the Court of Appeal and the Privy Council, and pursuant to the rules of many arbitration institutions. Neill has a wide range of experience acting for individuals and organisations, such as investors, manufacturing companies, public utility companies, construction companies and companies listed on the FTSE 100. Neill also has experience in mediation.
- Represented an individual in a claim relating to the breach of a share option agreement in respect of shares in a start-up internet company.
- Represented a leading online foreign exchange trader and market maker in the defence of injunction proceedings and claims for breach of contract, restitution, and breach of confidence.
- Represented a major public electricity supplier in a dispute with one of its contracted generators in connection with the cost of modifications to a power station.
- Represented the vendors of a snack manufacturing company in defence of warranty claims relating to the insurance arrangements for one of the company’s factories.
- Represented a high net worth individual and his corporate investment vehicle in claims in theCommercial Courtagainst a majorUSinvestment bank to recover losses arising from investments in Russian derivative instruments.
- Represented an individual charged by the Financial Services Authority with market abuse.
- Represented a FTSE 100-listed oil and gas exploration company defending claims totalling £121 million brought by a former joint venture partner in a dispute arising out of an agreement to cooperate in a bidding process for exploration acreage inTurkmenistan.
- Represented a major public electricity supplier in a dispute with a generator relating to the interpretation of the provisions of a Power Purchase Agreement.
- Represented the vendors of a family-owned manufacturing company in defence of warranty claims and claims relating to certain alleged pre-contractual misrepresentations.
- Acted for a consortium of venture capital investors in connection with financial warranty claims arising out of their investment in a Hungarian cinema and film distribution company.
- Represented a major public electricity supplier in a dispute relating to the apportionment of the cost of gas supplied to the power stations from which it obtains its electricity.
- Represented one of several defendants in proceedings in theBritish Virgin Islandsand the Privy Council relating to a valuable minority stake in a Russian mobile telephone company.
- Represented a government monopoly holder in defence of injunction proceedings and a damages claim based on EC and domestic competition legislation.
- Acted for a group of construction companies in connection with a significant claim for compensation for the compulsory acquisition of land.
- Co-author, "More Litigation in the Next Downturn in Europe? (Part Two)," International Corporate Rescue, January 11, 2008
- Co-author,"More Litigation in the Next Downturn in Europe? (Part One)," International Corporate Rescue, December 14, 2007
- Law Society of England and Wales
- England and Wales