Andrew P. Strehle
Andrew P. Strehle
Andrew P. Strehle
Andrew Strehle represents financial institutions, hedge funds, and borrowers in the documentation, structuring and recovery of commercial loans, structured finance transactions, taxable and tax-exempt bond financings, and other complex financings. He has appeared in U.S. Bankruptcy Courts and other courts across the country. Andrew’s experience includes structuring cross-border transactions and the representation of lenders, hedge funds and their portfolio companies in connection with problem credits and complex intercreditor relationships. Andrew has been recognized in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Banking and Finance Law.
- Counsel to Ad Hoc Equityholders Committee in Ultra Petroleum Corporation's cross-border restructuring
- Counsel to Plan Sponsor in Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation's cross-border restructuring
- Counsel to American Railcar Industries in financings totaling more than $600 million
- Counsel to American Railcar Leasing in financings totaling more than $1 billion
- Counsel to Tropicana Entertainment Inc. in $300 million term loan and $15 million letter of credit facility
- Counsel to Term Loan Agent for $250 million in term loans in Patriot Coal bankruptcy
- Counsel to Trustee and Ad Committee of Senior Secured $260 Million Bondholders in bankruptcy of The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A+P Grocery Stores)
- Counsel to Ad Hoc Committee of Minority Secured Lenders in bankruptcy of Hawker-Beechcraft, Inc.
- Counsel to Carl Icahn affiliates in 2009-10 Trump Taj Mahal bankruptcy case, including 9-day contested confirmation trial involving competing plans of reorganization, expert witness testimony as to value of the "Trump brand" and cramdown of $500 million of secured debt
- Counsel to PSW NYC, a joint venture of Pershing Square Capital Management and Winthrop Realty Trust, for $300 million senior secured mezzanine position in Stuyvesant Town
- Counsel to Ashford Hospitality Finance for $164 million junior mezzanine position in Extended Stay Hotels restructuring
- Counsel to Third Lien Agent in bankruptcy of Charter Communications
- Counsel to trustee and Carl Icahn affiliates in successful challenge to tender offer by Realogy Corporation, including a Delaware Chancery Court ruling that the tender offer would violate the company's debt facilities
- Counsel to Ad Hoc Committee of Bondholders of the Cerro Negro heavy oil project in Venezuela, owned in a joint venture by ExxonMobil, BP, and Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A. (PDVSA). Successful resolution included a tender offer in which 99.11% of bonds were sold by clients and other bondholders to PDVSA at a purchase price exceeding $500 million - equivalent to par, plus accrued interest, plus a signification premium. Recognized as "2008 Deal of the Year" by Latin Lawyer magazine.
- Counsel to Carl Icahn affiliates in bankruptcy restructuring of $1 billion loan to XO Communications
- Counsel to lenders in the biotech and healthcare industries, including a syndicated construction loan for a 1750-unit senior living facility in Hingham (MA), a $500 million syndicated loan to Genzyme
- Counsel to a high-tech company as borrower under an asset-based loan facility with then-largest-ever Eximbank guaranty
- Editor-in-Chief, Annual Review of Banking Law (Boston University School of Law)
- Co-author, "Developing Best Practices When Bitcoin is Collateral," The Secured Lender, Vol. 70, Issue 2, February 14, 2014
- Author, “Teaching Old Laws New Tricks: The Prospect for Loan Participation Regulation”, Annual Review of Banking Law
- Co-author, “The Bankruptcy Opportunity for Financially Troubled Biotechnology Companies”, The Journal of Biolaw and Business
- American Bankruptcy Institute: “Revised Article 9 of the UCC”
- Risk Management Association: “Legal Aspects of Lending” and “Loan Documentation”
- National Association of Credit Managers: “Uniform Commercial Code”
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education: “UCC Developments”
- Boston Bar Association: “Reasoned Legal Opinions”
- Serves as the Firm’s Administrative Partner, focusing on administrative and financial operations in working with the CEO in the management of the Firm.
- Chairs the Firm’s Pro Bono Committee. The Firm was recognized as the 2007 Corporate Philanthropy Partner of the Year by the Boston Business Journal.
- Represents, on a pro bono basis, artists seeking to recover unpaid fees for their works and services. Andrew's work with Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts of Massachusetts was recognized by its 2012 Robert B. Fraser Award for Pro Bono Excellence.
- President, Boston University School of Law Alumni Association (2013 – 2014)
- MIT Annual Fund Board of Directors (2015-present)
- Co-Chair, Commercial Lending Subcommittee of the Boston Bar Association (2003 – 2005)
- Co-Chair, John & Abigail Adams Benefit (Boston Bar Foundation) (2016)
- New York