As U.S. and international antitrust enforcement agencies become ever more aggressive, many of the world's leading companies are faced with a new level of scrutiny. The Brown Rudnick team is here to protect their business interests.
Brown Rudnick's Antitrust team handles some of the most significant U.S. and cross-border antitrust matters, including merger control, competition investigations, compliance and sophisticated litigation. Often collaborating with the Firm’s Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, Intellectual Property, Life Sciences, Restructuring and White Collar teams, we provide integrated and practical advice to our clients to help them achieve their business objectives and minimize antitrust risks.
Regularly practicing before the major global competition authorities and courts, our Antitrust team has extensive experience "getting the deal done." We regularly represent clients in merger and acquisition transactions and filings. Where the circumstances require, we advocate our clients’ interests in opposition to a proposed deal, work with the agencies to fashion remedies, or contact the authorities as part of a strategy to obtain the merging parties’ divested assets.
Whether before the competition agencies or in Federal or State court, our Antitrust team handles major anticompetitive practices and monopolization investigations and criminal and civil litigation. Our litigators represent clients in criminal and civil price-fixing cases, including individuals and companies under investigation or indictment, applicants for leniency, and other governmental targets. We have extensive experience litigating and advising our clients regarding the interface between antitrust and intellectual property, including antitrust counterclaims and misuse defenses in patent cases, standard setting and reverse payment settlements. We also represent clients in Lanham Act and false advertising claims and state unfair competition claims. Our experience in representing clients in numerous class actions, bench and jury trials enables us to focus on cost-effective litigation management, trial-readiness, and courtroom persuasion.
We offer clients an integrated range of legal and business services, including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions before the DOJ, FTC and the EC
- Hart-Scott-Rodino Filings
- Civil and Criminal Antitrust Investigations and Litigations
- Corporate Antitrust Compliance
- Horizontal Price Fixing and market allocation
- Vertical Price Fixing/Resale Price Maintenance
- Territorial and customer restrictions
- Refusals to Deal
- Dealer terminations
- Tying, Bundling, Loyalty Discounts, Bundled Pricing
- Exclusive Dealing Arrangements
- Healthcare Issues in Antitrust
- Joint Ventures and Joint Purchasing Arrangements
- Sports Leagues and Associations
- Trade Associations
- Misuse of Governmental and Standard Setting Processes
- Intellectual Property/Patents and Antitrust Interface
- Hatch Waxman Settlements and Reverse Payments
- Concerted Refusals to deal, Boycotts, Covenants not to Compete
- Exchanges of Price Information
- Monopolization, Attempts to Monopolize, Conspiracies to Monopolize and Exclusionary conduct
- State Competition and Antitrust Laws
- Federal and State Unfair and Deceptive Trade Competition Laws
- False, misleading and deceptive advertising, promotions and marketing practices
- Consumer Class Actions and Parens Patriae Actions
- Robinson-Patman Price Discrimination and Other Pricing Issues, Defenses and Exemptions