Practices: Distressed Debt & Claims Trading
Distressed Debt & Claims Trading
During the past decade, the secondary market for bank loans soared to an average of approximately $500 billion per year in trades. During that period, we’ve settled in excess of $50 billion of them.
Brown Rudnick helps hedge funds take aggressive positions in restructuring-related situations. As one of the few firms to work in this area since its infancy, we’ve pioneered industry standards through our practice and our participation in key LSTA and LMA committees.
No other firm can equal the powerful combination of Brown Rudnick’s experience in this asset class with our premier global restructuring and litigation practices. The resulting blend of perspective and talent provides a clear and competitive advantage.
Our clients take decisive action, and so do we. We represent only the buy side of distressed debt transactions. This means we can act fast and without conflicts clouding our judgment.
We advise clients at all stages of a debt transaction, including:
- Stock purchase agreements in connection with equity trades
- Confidentiality agreements
- Trade confirmations
- Due diligence
- Par and distressed debt purchase and sale agreements
- Par and distressed participation agreements
- Claim purchase agreements
- Proceeds letters
- Netting letters
- Strategies for restructurings, reorganization and litigation
- Interaction with creditors’ committees
- Drafting of policies and procedures
- Documentation of physical settlement