Environmental issues can affect your company’s reputation, growth potential and bottom line. We help you protect them all.
With efficiency and a deal-making (not deal-breaking) approach, Brown Rudnick lawyers handle your most complex environmental issues. Whether it’s buying, selling, negotiating with regulators, or, if needed, litigating, we work as problem solvers. Our clients trust us to bring the talent, the tools and the relationships to get things done.
What sets us apart? Our team, for one thing. Our lawyers have worked at the highest levels of government and in the private sector. Among our ranks are a former Special Assistant to the US EPA Administrator and former Chair of, General Counsel to and chief legal and policy advisor to the MA Department of Telecommunications and Energy (now the Department of Public Utilities). Our roster also includes a former Assistant General Counsel at a major regulated utility. Team members have also gained experience at the Department of Justice, state Energy Facilities Siting Boards, and, as legal and legislative liaison to federal regulatory agencies. Add to this the engineers (who are also lawyers) on our team, our close work with our energy and real estate lawyers, and, in sum, you tap a "can-do" combination of talent, business savvy and perspective.
Distinct from other firms, our client base is diverse and presents us with the most challenging issues. We represent large national, multinational and regional real estate developers, manufacturers, owners, lenders, tenants and licensees, utilities and energy producers in:
- Remediation and cost recovery
- Environmental due diligence
- Environmental compliance
- Brownfield and Greenfield site development
- Administrative proceedings before regulatory and quasi-government entities
- Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act permitting and enforcement
- Superfund and CERCLA litigation and counseling
- RCRA and state hazardous waste matters
- Wetlands state, federal and local permitting
- Real estate zoning and development
- Environmental litigation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Resolution of environmental claims in bankruptcy
- Siting electric, gas and telecommunications facilities