Practices: Family Office & Family Business
Family Office & Family Business
Focused on building a long-term, trusted relationship
A “global boutique”, our reputation has been built advising clients from around the world in complex, often cross-border, business transactions and high-stakes litigation. With relentless focus on our clients’ objectives, we assist with business-focused solutions that address today’s ever-changing, ever-demanding competitive marketplace.
Our lawyers are well-versed in providing pragmatic and trusted advice to wealthy families and family offices. We are familiar with the complexity and the challenges – legal, business and personal – involved in owning and running a family business and family offices. Recognizing that no one family business is the same, we make it our priority to get to know our client, understand their culture and goals to allow us to create bespoke solutions in line with their objectives.
We combine our knowledge and experience in specific areas such as corporate, finance, tax and dispute resolution to provide the practical and tailored legal service our clients require.
We regularly advise international families and family offices and through our broad global network of trusted law firms we are able to provide our clients with a seamless service in jurisdictions where we do not have an office. Our clients look to us as their trusted advisors, we protect their interests, dealing with sensitive matters with discretion and integrity.
Our teams experience includes advising clients on:
- Investments, venture capital and private equity transactions
- Dispute resolution
- Reputation management
- Intellectual property rights
- Tax issues
A selection of representative experience of our team includes:
- Advising a family office on issues of confidentiality and reputation management arising out of a $10 billion dispute.
- Advising various family offices and their trusts on the location, group ownership and structuring of IP rights (particularly from a tax perspective).
- Representation of a family office in connection with its disputes with a trustee of multiple family trust funds and complaints for negligent and imprudent investments.
- Representation of a family office in connection with a privately controlled venture fund and all of its investments.
- Providing advice regarding fund formation projects and various investment activities for a number of family offices.