Look to us for legal services as sophisticated as your investment strategies.
Today’s funds need new strategies to take on increased scrutiny from investors and regulators. Complex and multi-jurisdictional regulations with global reach demand quality legal services that seamlessly cross disciplines and continents.
Brown Rudnick offers an experienced integrated Funds team that coordinates all the needs of your fund, from formation, investment strategies and corporate matters, to tax, employment, litigation and bankruptcy issues. Our knowledge of the most complex asset classes helps you understand your rights and find opportunities to monetise equity positions. And, in a volatile market, our experience with distressed investments and bankruptcy proceedings helps you measure and minimise risk.
Our lawyers have deep experience operating in Ireland, Luxembourg, Cayman and other "new" fund jurisdictions, in addition to traditional offshore US and UK domiciles. We help you customise your fund structure to your investment goals, and provide documentation that can stand up to any level of review.
We counsel hedge funds, asset managers, venture capital and private equity firms, as well as investment banks and their third-party platforms on:
- Fund structuring and formation of every kind of fund
- Documentation – with an integrated suite of market tested documents
- Advice and negotiation of agreements with prime brokers and administrators
- Fund domicile
- Due diligence
- Investments in CLOs, CBOs, CLNs, leveraged loans and other credit-based products
- Derivatives and structured products
- Monetisation and termination events
- Tax strategies
- Regulatory issues involved in establishing and marketing a fund across Europe and the US
- Publicly listed and private closed ended funds
- Traditional and specialised money market funds
- Ongoing support, compliance, transfers of interests, amendments to documents and transaction support