Brown Rudnick's Technology team serve a global client base from today’s leading commercial centers and tech hubs, including California, Boston, New York, London and Paris. As entrepreneurs, like our clients, we have grown strategically from our roots in Boston to offices worldwide. Our clients include tech start-ups through to multi-billion dollar corporations in multiple jurisdictions.
We have a strong reputation acting for companies in the technology space on a wide range of legal issues, with our teams working together to ensure that these companies are developed and financed in a way that is consistent with their core assets, objectives and the stage they are at in their lifecycle.
Our services include:
- Access to seed and growth capital. We represent investors and companies seeking financing in matters including fundraising, fund structuring and formation, portfolio company investing, tax planning and strategy
- Strategic advice and guidance on organization and capital structure, international tax, corporate finance, enhancing and managing growth and liquidity and exit strategies
- Structuring and negotiating joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and licensing and co-development relationships
- The protection and exploitation of intellectual property rights, including advising on patent, design and trade mark prosecution strategies and filings
- Complex software development, intellectual property and licensing agreements
- High-stakes technology and intellectual property disputes
- Data privacy, transfer and cybersecurity
- Regulatory and legal advice on crypto-assets of distributed ledger technology
- Online liability and related digital strategies
- Broad industry capabilities including software, internet-enabled businesses, media, telecoms, digital commerce/blockchain technology, fintech, energy tech and environmental tech